Thursday 15 October 2009

EXHIBITION: BEGINS 14th NOVEMBER, ARTFRAME GALLERY, 61 CORNWALL St, PLYMOUTH. click to enlarge images (use back arrow to return)

.
.
Woodland Light. Pastel. approx 40x45cm (in exhibition) sold





'Hawk in the rain' ( Inspired by the Ted Hughes Poem)
original sold (print available)
Pastel approx 30 x 38 cm
.
I drown in the drumming ploughland, I drag up
Heel after heel from the swallowing of the earth’s mouth,
From clay that clutches…

…but the hawk

Effortlessly at height hangs his still eye.
His wings hold all creation in a weightless quiet,
Steady as a hallucination in the streaming air.
While banging wind kills these stubborn hedges,

Thumbs my eyes, throws my breath, tackles my heart,
And rain hacks my head to the bone, the hawk hangs…
(excerpt)

This painting will be in the exhibition

No comments:

Post a Comment